BIG LABOUR SUPPLY WITH HIGH CAR OWNERSHIP
- 1.1 MILLION people live within a 45-minute drivetime.
- 572,000 economically active (in employment or unemployed)
- 83% of households with 1 or more cars (74% GB average)
GROWING POPULATION: 6.4%
- Population projected to grow by 6.4% between 2016 and 2026 (if based on 45 minute area).
GOOD RELEVANT SKILLS
- 24,900 work in Transport & Storage sector (45-minute area, 2011 Census)
LARGE REACH – HGV DRIVE TIMES
- 12.44 million people can be reached within 2 hour HGV drive time.
- 45.15 million people within a 4.5 hour HGV drive time, representing 71% of the total GB population.
- 75% of GB’s ‘Higher and Intermediate (AB) social grade’ population can be reached in 4.5 hours.
- 75% of GB’s 'Core online shoppers' can be reached within 4.5 hours